DUBLIN, September 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems – Global Market Trajectory and Analytics” report has been added ResearchAndMarkets.com’s Presentation.
Global Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems Market to Reach $10.6 Billion by 2026
The global market for Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems was worth US$8.9 billion in the year 2022, which is projected to reach a revised size of US$10.6 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.1% over the analysis period.
Orthopedic medical imaging systems are emerging as a popular option for achieving high quality imaging in a safe and effective manner for decision making and reducing the need for surgery. The growth in the global market is being driven by rising cases of orthopedic diseases and an aging population suffering from Osteoarthritis.
The rising incidence of trauma to bone fractures resulting from falls, accidents and sports-related injuries has also fueled the market. Traumatic injury is one of the primary causes of mortality, along with road injuries and falls. There are approximately 2.5 million cases of sports-related injuries each year that require emergency care. The numbers are projected to increase in the coming years, creating a strong demand for orthopedic medical imaging systems.
X-ray systems, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.6% to reach US$ 3.6 billion by the end of the analysis period. After an in-depth analysis of the business impacts of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, the growth in Ultrasound Systems segment has been adjusted at a revised 4.2% CAGR for the next 7 year period.
This segment currently accounts for 25.9% of the global Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems market. Traditional X-ray examination techniques still dominate the field of imaging, although most of the images currently being produced are digital. The low cost and duration of testing are the major advantages of X-rays.
The US market is estimated at $3.4 billion in 2022, while China is projected to reach $1.1 billion by 2026.
The market for orthopedic medical imaging systems in the US is estimated to be US$3.4 billion in the year 2022. The country currently accounts for 38.25% of the global market. China, the world’s second largest economy, is projected to reach an estimated market size of US$1.1 billion in the year 2026, trailing a CAGR of 5.7% through the analysis period.
Other notable geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each projected to grow at 3% and 3.7%, respectively, during the analyzed period. Within Europe, Germany is projected to grow at a CAGR of around 3.4% while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$1.2 billion by the end of the analysis period.
Growth in the North America region is driven by a large segment of the senior population willing to undergo favorable policies for reimbursement and procedures to remain proactive. The regional market is buoyed by the implementation of sophisticated systems in healthcare and clinical settings.
An increasing number of outpatient and inpatient surgery centers in the US are investing in innovative systems to improve diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcomes. Various hospitals are adopting systems with integrated spinal navigation and robotics facilities for real-time medical imaging and high accuracy during orthopedic surgeries.
The expansion of the market in the Asia-Pacific region can be attributed to the launch and adoption of advanced systems in a large number of clinical settings. The future growth of the Asia-Pacific market is anticipated to be driven by government initiatives, adequate reimbursement, increasing insurance coverage and growth of the medical tourism industry.
CT Scanners segment to reach $2.1 billion by 2026
In the Global CT Scanners segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will drive an estimated 4.2% CAGR for this segment. These regional markets with a combined market size of US$1.3 billion will reach an estimated size of US$1.8 billion by the end of the analysis period.
China will continue to be one of the fastest growers in this group of regional markets. Led by countries such as Australia, India and South Korea, the market in Asia-Pacific is projected to reach US$ 236.8 million by the year 2026, while Latin America will expand at a CAGR of 5.3% during the analysis period.
What’s new for 2022?
- Global Competitiveness and Major Competitors Percentage Market Share
- Market presence in multiple geographies – strong / active / niche / insignificant
- Online interactive peer-to-peer collaborative bespoke updates
- access to digital archives
- Complimentary update for one year
Major topics covered:
Second. executive Summary
1. Market Overview
- Impact of Covid-19 and an emerging global recession
- Medical Imaging Systems Market – An Introduction
- Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems Market
- COVID 19 stabilizes orthopedic patients
- Imaging Screening Volume % Change in US Hospitals 1H 2019 vs 1H 2020
- COVID-19 caught healthcare system unaware: Musculoskeletal radiology comes to standstill
- Market prospects and outlook
- Global Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems Market To See Strong Growth
- US Cornered Orthopedic Medical Imaging Market With Innovative System Adoption
- Percentage of adults with arthritis in the US in 2019 by gender for select states
- Developing regions show fastest growth
- The increase in the number of hospitals and clinics brought momentum to developing areas
- X-ray dominates global market, MRI witnesses fastest growth
- Equipment density is related to the number of imaging procedures
- Benefits of MRI imaging versus other imaging modalities
- influencer market insights
- world market trajectory
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong / Active / Niche / Insignificant (E) for worldwide players in 2022
2. Focus on Selected Players (featured 50 total)
- Canon Inc.
- Carestream Health, Inc.
- EOS Imaging
- Essote Spa
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- General Electric Company
- Hitachi Medical Systems Europe Holding AG
- Royal Philips NV
- Medtronic PLC
- planned OA
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
- teledine dalsa
3. Market Trends and Drivers
- Aging population and associated orthopedic disorders drive demand for medical imaging systems
- Increase in health care spending to drive growth
- Rising incidence of bone fractures due to osteoporosis drives the medical imaging system market
- Global osteoporosis prevalence by country/region (2012 and 2022P): number of people with osteoporosis in millions for the US, EU, Japan, China and India
- Technological advancements set the pace for Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems market
- AI-driven orthopedic systems revealed
- 3D CT imaging set to widen your footprint
- DR systems emerge to replace traditional X-ray imaging systems
- 3D printing emerges as game changer with quantitative opportunity for orthopedic care
- Select Launches in the Orthopedic Medical Imaging Market
- Siemens Healthniers launches Luminos Lotus Max medical imaging system
- Konica Minolta Healthcare unveils dynamic digital radiography for orthopedic imaging
- CurveBeam secures FDA 510(K) clearance for HiRise WBCT imaging system
- Siemens Healthniers Receives FDA Approval for YSIO X.pree Radiography System
- Konica Minolta’s Pax Solution Launched in the US Market
4. Global Market Perspective
III. regional market analysis
For more information about this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ave01r
research and market
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
+1-917-300-0470 for EST office hours. call on
For US/CAN toll free call +1-800-526-8630
+353-1-416-8900 for GMT office hours . call on
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
Source Research and Markets